I have finally got around to posting the recipe for my Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes! I cannot take credit for this recipe as all I did was add strawberries to the Champagne Cupcake recipe from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella. I have not tried all of her recipes yet but I plan too. My goal is to bake my way from start to finish so I can learn the chemistry of a cupcake and start creating my own recipes. Such as my Sex on the Beach Cupcake with Peach Schnapps Frosting!
As I work through the book I will share pictures but I will only be posting a few of the recipes because I would definitely recommend buying her book.
I will italicize the changes I made to the recipe.
Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes (makes 12 cupcakes)
2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups champagne
6 large egg whites, at room temperature
3/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup fresh strawberries, diced with a tablespoon of sugar on top to sit for a half hour
PLUS more champagne for pouring over top
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
2) In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
3) In a separate medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4) Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
5) In a clean bowl beat the egg whites on high until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Fold one third of the whites into the batter until blended, then fold in the remaining egg whites until well blended.
6) Stir in the strawberry/sugar mixture until mixed well.
7) Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan
My mom says this is her favorite recipe I have made! I would recommend trying it. Let me know what you think!