Now I must first say that I cannot take credit for this recipe. I found it on Allrecipes.com and I believe it is actually a McCormick recipe.
To be honest I do not like Red Velvet Cupcakes but these were such a huge hit! They came out very moist with a ton of flavor! I personally just topped them with a Vanilla Frosting because Jaime doesn’t like Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red Velvet Cupcakes (makes 24)
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 (1 ounce) bottle McCormick Red Food Color
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shift flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix with the cocoa in medium bowl and set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat!
6. Fill 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
I would definitely recommend this recipe because I even thought they tasted great even though I don’t like Red Velvet Cupcakes!